ATHLETE RESPONSIBILITES & ETIQUETTE
- Be respectful of your Coaches.
- Come to the gym or competition venue ready to perform to the best of your ability. Be ready both physically and mentally.
- Leave the gym only when given permission by a Coach.
- Treat our gym with respect. Keep the locker area clean: no food.
- Cell phones will remain in your bag- If you are caught, your phone will be confiscated.
- Attendance is vitally important to your success and the success of your team.
- Make every effort to attend all team functions, this includes meet sign-ups.
- Be respectful of all authority figures, including other parents, staff from other gyms, YMCA staff, coaches, volunteers and YMCA members. Remember: YOU represent our team.
- Support your teammates, whether you are at practice or a meet.
- Be responsible for your own equipment – Tape, Leotard, Grips, etc.
- Dress appropriately in and out of the gym. Wear your leotard properly during practice.
- Always lead by example – Be a positive role model for your peers and younger gymnasts. Disrespecting a coach, swearing, or displaying a bad attitude in front of gymnasts of any age will not be tolerated.
- Bullying of any kind will not be tolerated! This includes the gym environment as well as social media.
- Plan accordingly – Do not arrange for a “sleep-over” or other activity the night before a competition. Rest is extremely important for you to have a SAFE and successful meet.
- Be responsible & make sure your gym bag has all the meet essentials you need.
- Keep our gym clean as well as other competition venues. We expect you to clean up your own mess.
- During awards ceremonies, you must wear your team warm up on the podium. No shoes or boots.
- Conduct yourself properly on the awards stand. No Food or Gum chewing!
- Make every effort to not only support your own teammates but all competing individuals from other gyms.
- Be Humble.
- Thank the Award Presenter.
- Smile on the Podium – Do not show disappointment.
- Clap for other award recipients including athletes from other gyms.
- Thank the host Gym.
- Thank the judges.
- Thank your parents and coaches for supporting you.
- Verbal Warning
- 2nd Violation of any kind – Call parent.
- 3rd Violation of any policy – Call parent & gymnast must be sent home from practice.
- 4th Violation of any policy- Gymnast will be suspended for 48 hours and a written apology to the coach must be submitted before that athlete will be accepted back on to team as well as a meeting with the gymnast, parent, and coach.
- If gymnast violates multiple policies on any given day, coach must call parent and gymnast can no longer practice that day. A discussion will take place as to whether-or-not this Team is suitable for the gymnast.
We don’t expect perfection, but we do insist on respect and effort.